Reverend Bizarre was a doom metal band from Lohja, Finland, formed in 1995. They played slow and heavy traditional doom metal with dramatic vocals, following in the footsteps of bands such as Saint Vitus, Pentagram and Black Sabbath. During 1997-98 the band relocated to Turku. All the band members have lived in Lohja, and Albert is currently living there. They pay homage for their hometown by using the "Lohja Power" text in the backcovers of their releases.
During 1997-98 the band relocated to Turku. All the band members have lived in Lohja, and Albert is currently living there. They pay homage for their hometown by using the "Lohja Power" text in the backcovers of their releases.
The band had planned a totality of five albums "Songs from the Funereal World" being the third, "Heavier Than Life" the fourth and "How It Was Meant to Be" the fifth and the last album. However, the band abandoned this plan and released only three albums before splitting up:
- In the Rectory of the Bizarre Reverend (2002, Spikefarm)
- II: Crush the Insects (2005, Spikefarm)
- III: So Long Suckers (2007, Spikefarm)
- Blood on Satan's Claw / Death in Spring (Split 7" with Ritual Steel, Metal Coven Records)
- Harbinger of Metal (EP, 2003, Spikefarm)
- Split with Orodruin (2004, Hellride Music)
- Slice of Doom (compilation, 2004, psycheDOOMelic)
- Split with Minotauri (2004, Metal Coven Records)
- Return to the Rectory (EP, 2004, Spikefarm)
- Slave of Satan (single, 2005, Spikefarm)
- Thulsa Doom (7" EP, 2006, Aftermath Music)
- Under the Sign of the Wolf [a tribute to Pentagram (US)] (Split 7" with Mannhai, 2006, The Church Within Records)
- Teutonic Witch (single, 2007, Spikefarm)
- Magick with Tears (compilation, 2008, Emissary Records)
As of late September 2007 here is a list of possible additional works featuring Reverend Bizarre as per their forum on Hellride Music:
- Split with Electric Wizard, feat. "The Gate of Nanna"(10"), Rise Above 2007/2008.
- Split with Kuolema, 2007/2008
- Split with Mr. Velcro Fastener. 2007/2008.
- Split with Rättö & Lehtisalo. 2007/2008
- In The Rectory Of The Bizarre Reverend gatefold 2LP, 2007, Storming Death
- "Death is Glory....Now". Compilation of all the rare tracks, early 2008, Spikefarm.
Albert Witchfinder (Sami Hynninen): vocals and bass
Peter Vicar (Kimi K?rki): guitar
Earl of Void (Jari Pohjonen): drums and additional guitar
Especially Albert has numerous "side" projects which are often mentioned in the interviews. Many of these projects haven't even released anything, and some only exist as ideas. He makes ambient/martial music under the name Herven Agal, for example.
List of related bands/projects, past and present, which have released material:
- The Candles Burning Blue
- March 15
- Azrael Rising
- Opium Warlords
- The Puritan
- Lord Vicar