The Mad Caddies are a ska punk band from Goleta/Santa Barbara/Solvang, California. The band formed in 1995 and has released five full-length albums, one live album, and two EP's. Their sound has influences from a wide range of genres, including ska, punk, hardcore, swing, reggae and jazz. Founding members Chuck Robertson, Sascha Lazor, Todd Rosenberg, Carter Benson and James Malis started the group in high school but the band's membership has changed frequently since its inception.
Founding members Chuck Robertson, Sascha Lazor, Todd Rosenberg, Carter Benson and James Malis started the group in high school but the band's membership has changed frequently since its inception. Drummer Todd Rosenberg left the band in 1999, Benson left the band in 2002, and bassist Mark Iversen left the band in 2006. The current lineup consists of:
* Chuck Robertson (lead vocals/rhythm guitar/primary lyricist)
* Sascha Lazor (lead guitar/banjo/primary composer),
* Keith Douglas (trumpet/backing vocals)
* Ed Hernandez (trombone)
* Brian Flenniken (drums/percussion),
* Cris Badham (bass guitar).
The band used to play under the name The Ivy League, but in 1996 they changed their name after signing to the Honest Don's Records label to avoid confusion (and potential litigation) with two prior bands that went by the same moniker. The band's debut album, Quality Soft Core, was released the following year. After the release of the album, the band was signed to Fat Mike's label Fat Wreck Chords, through which the Mad Caddies have since released 4 studio albums, an EP and a live album.
* Quality Soft Core (1997)
* Duck and Cover (1998)
* Rock the Plank (2001)
* Just One More (2003)
* Songs in the Key of Eh! (Live from Toronto) (2004)
* Keep It Going (5/1/2007)
* Consentual Selections (2010)
* The Holiday Has Been Cancelled (2000)
* 2007 Tour EP (Sold only on their 2007 tour, with 2 new tracks from Keep It Going, plus 4 older songs) (2007)