There are multiple artists with the name Against The Grain. 1. Against The Grain was a Punk-Hardcore band that had started in the mid 80's from MV /San Juan Capistrano along with other locals such as U.T.I, Violation, Hangover, Bored to Death, F.R.I., Virulence, Symbolism Of Belligerency. Originally a 3 Piece Band, They went on Tour and were the first out of the area to get some higher profile gigs.
1. Against The Grain was a Punk-Hardcore band that had started in the mid 80's from MV /San Juan Capistrano along with other locals such as U.T.I, Violation, Hangover, Bored to Death, F.R.I., Virulence, Symbolism Of Belligerency.
Originally a 3 Piece Band, They went on Tour and were the first out of the area to get some higher profile gigs. They scored a record deal & recorded, but the record company went Bankrupt before the album was ever released - The Test Pressing for this Album was Lost and never Found. They released their own cassette which was a live, raw sounding 2 track "LOST IN A MAZE" and were also on the O.C. compilation Album "O.C.'s Trail of Destruction" as well as other low budget DIY compilation cassettes. R.I.P Jimmy Rosenbaum - he was the roots of everything that started out of SJC & the SJP's. We had our own little Punk World in SJC, We were way behind the Orange Curtain and we were out of the HB spotlight. Everything we did was for ourselves and everyone had that DO IT YOURSELF attitude - Form your Own Band, Make your Own Gigs, Make your own Fliers , throw your own parties. No Attitudes, just good ol' drunken fun.
2. A thrash metal band from Albuquerque (actually Tijeras, I think) New Mexico, USA. Broke up somewhere around 2004-2005, after releasing one CD album.
3. An Alternative band from San Francisco, which is still in the workings of making a first demo.
4. Against the Grain is also a three-times-a-week leftwing radio discussion show on Pacifica's KPFA station (Bay Area/SF) hosted by C.S. Soong and Sasha Lilley. Website.
5. An alternative radio show on Preston FM, a small community radio station in Preston England. The show is hosted by presenters Philip Haddleton and Sam Golden, and features both local and not so local music from across the alternative spectrum.
6. A classical duo of Tom Boyd (Oboe) and Tommy Morgan (Harmonicas) who recorded at least two albums, one Christmas themed, and one other.
7. ATG (Against The Grain) is a 4-piece Punk Rock'n'Roll band out of Metro-Detroit with a hardhitting and refreshing sound. Consisting of 3 ex-members of No Regrets, and a new rhythym guitarist, ATG are no strangers to the Detroit punk scene. http://www.myspace.com/atgtheband
8. Against The Grain (ATG) is a Country band from Las Vegas, NV. Some of the members have been on Nashville Star and SpeedTV's Fast Track to Fame. Others have performed with Miranda Lambert and Kenny Chesney.
9. Against The Grain (also Against the Grain NYHC) is a New York Hardcore band from NY and New Jersey. The band consists of former members of Agnostic Front and Cause For Alarm.