Typhoon is a name used by at least four artists. 1. An indie rock band from the United States 2. A rapper from the Netherlands 3. A psychedelic trance group from France 4. A gothic/trance metal band from Poland 5. An alternate name for ??? 1. Portland indie orchestra Typhoon turned many a critical head in 2010 after releasing the critically acclaimed Hunger and Thirst on Tender Loving Empire. The've been named as one of Portland's best new bands by Willamette week, appeared in Amazon.
1. An indie rock band from the United States
2. A rapper from the Netherlands
3. A psychedelic trance group from France
4. A gothic/trance metal band from Poland
5. An alternate name for ???
1. Portland indie orchestra Typhoon turned many a critical head in 2010 after releasing the critically acclaimed Hunger and Thirst on Tender Loving Empire. The've been named as one of Portland's best new bands by Willamette week, appeared in Amazon.com's top 100 albums of 2010, toured in support of Yann Tiersen and The Decemberists, and opened for the likes of Belle & Sebastian, Explosions in the Sky and The Dandy Warhols. The summer of 2011 took them to Lollapalooza, Sasquatch, Newport Folk Fest and to CBS studios in New York to perform on The Late Show with David Letterman.
A New Kind of House is Typhoon's sequel to their epic 2010 release Hunger and Thirst. With these five multi-movement song cycles, A New Kind of House becomes far more than an EP. This fully realized recording finds the 12-piece ensemble at the height of their powers. Rest assured, you will hear much more from Typhoon in the coming years.
2. Glenn de Randamie (6 August 1984), better known as Typhoon, is a Dutch rapper. He signed by Dutch hip-hop record label Top Notch. The rappers Blaxtar (brother) and O-Dog (brother) and the R&B singer Dinopha (younger sister) are Typhoon's relatives.
Currently Typhoon is performing with the Fakkelbrigade with Sticks, Rico, James and dj ART.
Typhoon's rap career started in 1999 at age 15 in the hip-hop crew Rudeteenz, together with Rico of Opgezwolle and his brother Blaxtar Three years later he made his solo debut on the collection album "Vet verse flows". His contributed to album with the tracks "Het doek valt" and "Alea Iacta Est".
Typhoon won the Grote Prijs van Nederland (Grand Prize of the Netherlands) in 2004 in the R&B/hip-hop category. Soon after that he was signed by Top Notch.
Typhoon graduated from his high school (vwo level, pre-university secondary education) at the Agnieten College, location Carolus Clusius, in Zwolle. In 2005 he made 10 theme tracks for TV music station The Box, together with producer Nav.
The themes were about topics like man/woman relations, religion, money, Dutch immigration policy, top-class sport, fame, ideals and sex.
In 2007 Typhoon released his debut album, titled "Tussen Licht en Lucht" (Between Light and Air). Typhoon travelled to Kenya for a development aid programme of the Edukans organisation. He spent 10 days in Nairobi with a group of young people from all of The Netherlands to have an important experience.
3. the French psychedelic trance act called Typhoon was active from around 1995 until 2000. The group consisted of members from Total Eclipse (Stephane Holweck, Serge Souque, Loic Van Poucke) with the addition of Daniel Toby (aka. DJ Dan Dan). The constellation only released around 6 tracks, but were featured on a lot of compilations.
4. A gothic/progressive metal band from Gdynia, Poland.
5. An alternate name for the Korean pop group ???