There appear to be at least 6 bands with the name Centurion. - A defunct progressive metalcore band from Brighton, UK, who released an EP 'One Hundred'. Centurion made quite a mark on their home turf and beyond, swinging their hefty, death plated punch at the heads of grateful punters nationwide at shows alongside their aforementioned townsmen, as well as the likes of Horse The Band, Ephel Duath and Every Time I Die.
- A defunct progressive metalcore band from Brighton, UK, who released an EP 'One Hundred'. Centurion made quite a mark on their home turf and beyond, swinging their hefty, death plated punch at the heads of grateful punters nationwide at shows alongside their aforementioned townsmen, as well as the likes of Horse The Band, Ephel Duath and Every Time I Die. Centurion also toured as main support to acclaimed British crew Bring Me The Horizon, and were flown over to Sweden to play at the 2006 Treasurefest alongside the likes of Purified In Blood and Jeniferever.
Centurion offered up a thick stew of hyper-aggressive riffing and mammoth grooves, splicing the mix with flashes of accomplished technicality and vehement vocal bile, yet the quintet manage to retain an irresistible mood of energy and, dare it be said, fun in their live performance.
With press plaudits already flowing and a solid fanbase built, Centurion raised their game, their r debut E.P ?One Hundred' an unrelenting metallic drama that swings between ferocious and epic with a masterful ease. ?One Hundred' caught the attention of respected UK label In At The Deep End (Gallows, Architects, Send More Paramedics), and the label will be unleashing the E.P in early 2007. Centurion also hit the road again in January as support to Japanese metalcore crew Versus The Night, and opened for hometown compadres Architects and Canadian newcomers The Gorgeous on selected dates of their UK trek.
The former Centurion lead singer; Ed McRae, now heads the British hardcore band 'Your Demise'.
- A heavy/ethno/progressive/technical metal band from Belgrade, Serbia, who is currently promoting their first self-released single "Odmazda" ("Retribution") and EP named "Virtuelno Ognji?te" ("Virtual Hearth") featuring 3 new songs (released in early January 2011).
MySpace - http://www.myspace.com/centurionbg
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Centurion/161858846696
- A brutal death metal band from Poland who released an album ?Conquer and Rule?.
- A pro-white skinhead band from Wisconsin, USA who released 2 albums (14 Words & Rides again) in the 1990's.
- A different metal band from Kalisz, Poland who released some demos in the early-mid 1990's.
- A heavy metal band from Cleveland, Ohio, USA who appeared on a few compilation albums in the 1980's.
- A heavy metal band from Valencia, Venezuela, who formed in 1989 and have released 5 albums over the past decade.
-There are other bands with the name Centurion such as a folk rock band a hardcore one and a folk death metal band.