Benny Anderssons Orkester (BAO) is a Swedish band, with ex-ABBA member Benny Andersson as musical leader and composer. The band was formed in mid 2001 by 16 people, some from Orsa Spelm?n, and Helen Sj?holm and since 2006 Tommy K?rberg as singer. The name literally means Benny Andersson's Orchestra or The Benny Andersson Orchestra. BAO includes some of Swedens most experienced contemporary and folk musicians: * Benny Andersson - accordion, piano, synclavier etc.
The name literally means Benny Andersson's Orchestra or The Benny Andersson Orchestra.
BAO includes some of Swedens most experienced contemporary and folk musicians:
* Benny Andersson - accordion, piano, synclavier etc.
* G?ran Arnberg - pipe organ, spinet
* Janne Bengtson - flute, piccolo, crumhorn, baritone saxophone
* P?r Grebacken - saxophones, clarinet, recorder, piccolo
* Leif G?ras - violin, cello, mandolin
* Nicke (Nils-Erik) G?the - violin, mandolin
* Jogga (Jan-Anders) Ernlund - contrabass
* Calle Jocobsson - tuba, bassoon
* Leffe Lindvall - trumpet, cornet
* Kalle Moraeus - violin, zither, guitar, banjo mm.
* Olle Moraeus - violin, viola, mandolin
* Perra (Per-Erik) Moraeus - violin, mandolin, saxophone
* Lars Rudolfsson - accordion
* J?rgen Stenberg - drums, percussion instruments
* Helen Sj?holm - originally chosen as a backup singer, but is now also considered a permanent member of the band.
All members of the band are occupied in external capacities during the majority of the year, some in the theater orchestras in Stockholm. The brothers Moraeus, Leif G?ras and Nicke G?the play together in Orsa Spelm?n. During the summers the members of BAO meet up and rehearse, and then go out on mini-tours, to which tickets are highly sought after. The concept of these tours are ?A concert with dance,? therefore a dance floor is brought along. Tommy K?rberg and Helen Sj?holm together perform the vocals for the non-instrumental songs