There are at least 10 artists with the name V. 1) V was a cooperation between the Dutch artists Valensia and Robby Valentine. Their first album "V" was released in 1999. The songs on the album were influenced by such bands as The Beatles and Queen. The second album "Valentine vs Valensia" was released in 2002. 2) V (aka vq, V_gasm) is an Australian producer and remixer featured on OverClocked Remix. His remix of E Honda's theme entitled "Tokyo Slapdown" is featured on the Street Fighter 2 remix album Blood on the Asphalt. He also has a track on the forthcoming Tales remix album.
1) V was a cooperation between the Dutch artists Valensia and Robby Valentine. Their first album "V" was released in 1999. The songs on the album were influenced by such bands as The Beatles and Queen. The second album "Valentine vs Valensia" was released in 2002.
2) V (aka vq, V_gasm) is an Australian producer and remixer featured on OverClocked Remix. His remix of E Honda's theme entitled "Tokyo Slapdown" is featured on the Street Fighter 2 remix album Blood on the Asphalt. He also has a track on the forthcoming Tales remix album.
3) V were a five-piece boy band comprising of Aaron Buckingham, Antony Brant, Mark Harle, Kevin McDaid and Leon Pisani.
Their first single, "Blood Sweat & Tears", was released in May 2004 went into the official UK singles chart at number 6. The band's second single, released in the August 2004, was a double A-side consisting of a new song "Hip To Hip" and a cover of the Jackson Five's song "Can You Feel It" and charted at number 5 in the UK official singles chart.
The third single, "You Stood Up" made #12 in the charts after a memorable appearance on Top of The Pops, but their debut album of the same name failed to reach the Top 75 album charts. In February 2005, V announced their decision to split on their website.
Mark Harle is part of the band Freerunner.
Aaron Buckingham is now a solo artist myspace
Kevin McDaid enjoys photography.
Antony Brant is pursuing a solo career as well and appeared in a promotional advert for the Singstar games.
and Leon Pisani is probably still worshipping the King Elvis somewhere.
4) Valvin Roane II, aka V, a fresh neo soul talent from Philadelphia. On his album 'The Revelation Is Now Televised', he's working with productions from DJ Jazzy Jeff and Pete Kuzma - Jill Scott's bandleader.
V sings with a church-schooled voice that's deeply soulful, and which hearkens back to 70?s Marvin Gaye or Stevie Wonder. While it would be easy enough to label this one as "classic soul" and leave it at that, V has also got a vibe that is richly his own.
5) v is the solo project of Victor Johnson, also the lead guitarist of North Styrenn. His first album, "Welcome to Life" will be released in 2007.
6) V were a Hong Kong Cantopop group formed in 2005, consisting of Terry Tsui (???), Randy Chow (???) and Leo Kan (???). The group was disbanded in 2008 and Terry Tsui went on to start his solo career under the stage name of ??.
7) A mysterious indie-act consisting of Cooke/Bungall/Eyre/Williamson who released at least two singles from 1993 to 1995. They released on Gift Records, a label founded in Sheffield, UK, by Warp Records co-founder Steve Beckett in the early 90's. It was home to Pulp before they signed to Island. The vicinity to Warp Records made the very special and famous Autechre remix for Vliezwei (Vliegenbos Morning Reproduced By Autechre) possible. It is not known, if the band is still active.
8) V; (with a semicolon) was a Boston-based post-punk band originally performing between 1979 and 1982. The band worked with a number of contemporaries such as Mission of Burma, New Order and The Slits. The vocalist, Susan Anway, later recorded with Stephin Merritt and Magnetic Fields. Guitarist Gary Gogel went on to found Nightland; drummer Matt Burns now performs with The Coffin Lids.
9) 5 Member Darkwave/Electronic Band from UK (2009). Formerly known as Shadows in Sunlight, the band changed its name after a 4 month split in 2008, and the loss of one of their members. The Band have released one album as ' V ' and are working on a second.
Members include ~
Laura and Sarah Hunter - Lead Vocals
Leon Raagsion - Guitar, Male Vocals
Joe Kinrade - Electronics, Vocals
Bradley Jones - Bass
Note: "V" is the artist name given on Sublime Frequencies CD "I remember Syria"-standing for "Various Artists"
10) V (aka Victor Johnson), Writing and recording artist from Minneapolis. Victor Johnson released his debut album "Welcome to life" independently in 2007. His sound is a mixture of alternative rock and indie pop. The album includes many a hook and melody to hang your hat on. Johnson was the primary musician on all songs for his debut release. Singing, taking up guitar duties and laying down bass tracks. With the help of a few other twin cities musicians "Welcome to Life" came to life and became a great sounding record. It includes 11 tracks. Johnson assembled a live band to play a few shows promoting the album in 2007. Himself on Vocals and Guitar, Stephen Johnson on Lead Guitar, Shon Cobbs on Bass Guitar and Clint Trotter on Drums. The band played the material to big crowds and the album was well received. Since then he has been writing and recording new tracks for a follow up release. His sound is has been inspired by such acts as Radiohead, The Doves and Elliot Smith.