There are several artists sharing the name Trax, including: 1) TRAX (also known as The TRAX) is a South Korean rock band formed in the summer of 2004 by SM Entertainment and formerly produced by X Japan's co-founder Yoshiki. The name TRAX stands for "recording tracks," but also stands for the first letter of each member's stage name (Typhoon of the Rose Attack on Xmas). The search for members of this band started in 2000 and took four years to complete. Part of the original line up of Typhoon, Rose and Attack first appeared in the 2002 Survival Audition ???/Moon Heejun vs.
1) TRAX (also known as The TRAX) is a South Korean rock band formed in the summer of 2004 by SM Entertainment and formerly produced by X Japan's co-founder Yoshiki. The name TRAX stands for "recording tracks," but also stands for the first letter of each member's stage name (Typhoon of the Rose Attack on Xmas).
The search for members of this band started in 2000 and took four years to complete. Part of the original line up of Typhoon, Rose and Attack first appeared in the 2002 Survival Audition ???/Moon Heejun vs. KangTa Battle of the Century along with ???? member Xiah Junsu and Super Junior's Sungmin and Eunhyuk. It was from this and several other auditions that SM Entertainment discovered the line-up and began training them.
The TRAX officially debuted in July 2004 with the release of their Paradox single and their first concerts at the Ziller Hall in Seoul in the same month. Shortly after their debut in Korea, they made their debut in Japan with the release of the single Scorpio, which was released simultaneously in Japan and Korea in December 2004. In October 2004 they were featured on Dong Bang Shin Ki's first album TRI-ANGLE along with BoA, and then again in September 2005 on Dong Bang Shin Ki's second album Rising Sun.
Before they made their debut in Japan they had a change in image to make them appear more western, meaning that they had shed their visual looks that had made them stand out in the Korean market. Their music also changed and became more melodic and also saw them collaborating with their producer Yoshiki on a cover of X-Japan?s Tears.
In May of 2006 Rose, No Min Woo, left the band to pursue other interests. After leaving The TRAX he returned to college to study Art and the Seoul College of Art and started acting in movies and dramas.
SM Entertainment announced that the band was to release their first mini-album on January 25th, 2010. The mini-album contains songs written and composed by both Jungmo and Jay, and will feature other artists such as Key of SHINee, Wheesung and Shin Min Chul of T-MAX. These promotions went on without member Jung Woo
Their second mini-album, was released on September 6, 2010. Seohyun of Girl's Generation was featured in the MV, Oh! My Goddess.
2) Trax is also the name of an Electronic Disco band from the late 70s, composed of Pete Bellotte and Keith Forsey, two of the most respected Disco producers from the so-called "Munich school of Electronic Disco". discogs link
3) Trax is an outstanding talent from the windy city Chicago. He is a gifted Singer, Songwriter, Producer, and Musician. Trax has worked with some of the best in the music industry including; R.Kelly, Dave Hollister, Carl Thomas, Lil G (Silk), David Peaston, James Debarge, Monifah and Russell Simmons just to name a fes. He has won the respect of his peers and many fans. Trax describes himself as passionate about music, loving, honest, funny and most of all God fearing. Trax has worked with Chicago's best including; Kwiet Storm, Nexx Level, Terisa Griffin, Percy Bady, Darius Brooks, Salem Baptist Church of Chicago, Walt Whitman & The Soul Children of Chicago, Willie ?Lucky? Taylor (Making The Band 4, Kwiet Storm), Tommie (Mixx), Teefa, Slique and the list goes on.
4) Trax hailed from the town of Dunfermline, Scotland and released their first lp in 1979 (Home e.p)
Trax combines the energetic energy and guitars of garage punk with the atmospherics and synths of the post punk and burgeoning goth scene, sounding like a mix of The Stranglers, The Skids, and Joy Division and with darkwave elements collide in a glorious lo-fi mess. The band did not release any other records, although they did write almost 40 different songs and may have recorded a few demo tapes before disbanding in 1980.
5) Trax was also the name of a danish group that participated in the Eurovision Song Contest in the mid 80's.
The band consisted of John Hatting and Lise Haavik.
They entered the contest 3 times. First time was in 1984 with the song 'Vi h?rer sammen' which made it to the 6'th place. In 1985 they entered with the song 'Ved du hva' du sku' which made it to the third place. In 1986 they again entered the contest with the song 'Du er fuld af l?gn' which won the danish competetion, and got them a 6'th place in the international finals.