More Than One Artist called Stylus 1.DJ/Producer 2. Stylus is a New Zealand Rock group 3. Experimental ambient musique concrete project of Dafydd Morgan 1.Stylus originally was a Electronic music DJ/Producer who mainly produced Hard Trance style music. Stylus was active from the 1990's. Track 'Elliptical' Included on many hard dance compilations. 2.STYLUS (NZ): 2008 - Stylus is currently on hiatus while the band members explore other musical opportunities. Check out:
2. Stylus is a New Zealand Rock group
3. Experimental ambient musique concrete project of Dafydd Morgan
1.Stylus originally was a Electronic music DJ/Producer who mainly produced Hard Trance style music. Stylus was active from the 1990's. Track 'Elliptical' Included on many hard dance compilations.
2008 - Stylus is currently on hiatus while the band members explore other musical opportunities.
and of course www.stylus.net.nz and www.stylus.net.nz
Stylus' debut album 'PAINKILLERS' was released in October of 2003 on Wildside Records and is a refreshing mix of rock and funk with hip hop beats and undertones. The album received rave reviews and the radio singles 'Sick Of This', 'Backstabbers Incorporated', 'Never Again' and 'Keep Looking In My Direction (Incredible)' have been carving up airwaves on NZ Radio and Music TV ever since. Stylus have toured relentlessly through 2003 - 2005 including nationwide tours with Alien Ant Farm and Blindspott. Some performance highlights for the band include live shows on TV2's 'Top of the Pops' and a spot at the Crusty Demons 10th Anniversary show at Western Springs, Auckland.
Stylus' eagerly awaited new album 'GAIN CONTROL' was released June 10th on Wildside Record. With 17 tracks of catchy melodies, low-riding grooves and crunching guitars; this album is why your stereo comes with a repeat function!
Stylus' strangest income of late comes all the way from the USA as the band have recently had royalties filter down from the 2004 use of their song 'Sick Of This' on the soundtrack of MTV's ?Road Rules Challenge Gauntlet.? It was very fittingly used for an ice cream eating competition and has gained the band new fans from the states.
3) STYLUS Dafydd Morgan DISCOGRAPHY:
01) Kinski > split 10" with Longstone (Ochre - OCH012) Released 28/4/97 Limited to 523.
02) R3-643 > split 7" with Longstone (spiFFing Records). 9/97.
The single never got past Test Pressing stage and only 5 Test Pressings exist! spiFFing were a label based in New York, USA. The track will appear on the forthcoming Blue-Flea compilation 'Through The Square Window'.
03) Groom Lake > 8" EP. (Ochre - OCH022). Limited to 104 copies on Hand Lathe Cut Clear Vinyl. Released 18/5/98 as part of the Ochre 8 x 8" Mail-Order Subscription Series.
Tracks: 'Whitesides Peak' / 'Paradise Ranch' / 'The View From Tikaboo' / 'Groom Lake' / 'Freedom Ridge' and 'R4-644'. Tracks recorded January / February 1998.
04) Hopeless Diamond > appeared on the 'Hope' Compilation CD Album. (Audio Research - ARE101).
Released 8/98. The album was made up of 68 one-minute tracks. Other artists included: Joe Banks, Reed Ghazala, Martin e Greil, The Groceries, id battery, in between noise, The Land Of Nod, Longstone, Project Dark, Keith Rowe, scanner, Janek Schaefer and Skyray.
04) Glass Dream One > appeared on 'Infrasonic Waves' Volume One 7" EP (Ochre - OCH026).
Released 2/11/98. Limited to 500. Other artists were: Avrocar / The Freed Unit and Brickwerk. The track featured the guest narration of Christine Vidoudez.
05) As The World Crumbles > appeared on the 10" Mini-Vinyl Album 'Decalogue' (Ochre - OCH033).
Released 1/3/99. The 10" was the tenth and final release in the Ochre 10" series and was pressed on clear vinyl with red, green and silver glitter housed within! Limited to 1040 copies. The 10" was a six track compilation and also featured: AMP / Magnog / UHR vs Grimble Grumble / 90? South and M?r. 06) The Last Seaweed Collecting Hut At Freshwater West > . CD Album (Ochre - OCH012LCD). Released 6/9/99. Limited to 500. Featured guest narration from Christine Vidoudez on 'Glass Dream Two' and 'Hop'. The album is split into two sections. The last four tracks written about the last remaining seaweed collecting hut at Freshwater West in Pembrokeshire, West Wales.
Tracks: 1. Deceleration 2. Edge Of Rotation 3. Hop 4. F-117A 5. Exe-Sty 6. Compartment 7. Glass Dream Two. The Last Seaweed Collecting Hut At Freshwater West: - 8. Part I - Angle 9. Part II - Haf 10. Part III - Desolation 11. Part IV - Gaeaf.
07) Grinding #8 > appears on the CD compilation album 'Trace' (Audio Research Editions ARE102).
Released 12/99. The Double CD Album was made up of two-minute tracks. Other artists include: Will Sergeant, The Groceries, Longstone, The Mindwinder, The Land Of Nod, Lee Ranaldo, Yoko Ono, ARPARP, Henry Priestman etc.
08) Angle > the track from the album 'The Last Seaweed Collecting Hut At Freshwater West', appeared on the 'The Wire Tapper 5' CD that was given out free to the 6000 subscribers of The Wire magazine in March 2000
09) Zero > the track appears on the CD compilation album 'Zero' (Audio Research Editions ARE103).
Released 4/00. The CD Album is made up of one-minute tracks. Other artists include: Will Sergeant, Lee Ranaldo, Skyray, Longstone, 90? South, The Groceries, ARPARP and The Land Of Nod amongst others.
10) Kinski 2000 > b/w 'Pwllcrochan' 7" Single on Bearos Records (Bearos 009). Released April 2000.
Limited to 500.
11) R3-643 > appears on the 'Through The Square Window' compilation CD Album. (Blue Flea Records Blue-Flea10). Released 5/00. The album is a compilation of Ochre artists released in the USA on the label run by Windy & Carl. Limited to 1000.
12) Decelearation > appears on the front cover compilation CD of the Brazilian magazine 'Trip' in August 2000 (Ano 13). The track was originally intended for inclusion on the front cover of the December 1999 issue featuring 'Experimental & Electronic' music but although credited on the CD cover and in the magazine was left off and in it's place mistakingly was The Land Of Nod track 'The Land Of Nod (Sunrise)'. 'Deceleration' however finally made it on to the August 2000 issue (Issue 80) as a bonus track on the front cover CD which featured Brazilian Hip Hop!!!!!
13) Lights Around Pylon X > appears on the 'Yr Agog' compilation CD Album. (Oggum Records OG10). Released 9/00.
The compilation also features: Ectogram, Longstone, Flying Saucer Attack, Electroscope and Nimbus 2000 amongst others.
14) Deceleration > appears on the 'Interface' compilation CD album. (Space Age Recordings ORBIT 019CD). Released 25/09/00. Limited to 2000 in gatefold card sleeve. The compilation, a Space Age / Ochre / Earworm compilation, also features Experimental Audio Research, Spectrum, Longstone, Skyray, The Land Of Nod, Magnetophone, Octal, John Massoni and Sonic Boom and 121 Dials amongst others.
15) Skomargraph > CD Album (Ochre Records OCH023LCD). Released 02/10/00.
Tracks: 01: Little furznip #1 02: Flotsam 03: Coracle 04: Euphotic 05: (+1) / (-1) 06: Storm-Eye 07: Finistere 08: Little Furznip #2 09: Gwymon. The last track 'Gwymon' was recorded live inside the Seaweed Collecting Hut at Freshwater West on 23rd April 2000.
16) Storm Eye > Appears on the 'Art Rocker' compilation cassette that featured on one side, 30 minutes of Ochre acts. Free with 'Art Rocker #2' (11/00). 200 copies only.
17) Pluen Eira (Snowflake) / Pluen Eira (Live at the Seaweed Collecting Hut, Freshwater West 23/04/00) > One-sided 7" Single on Ochre Records. (OCH-PRO-005). Released 11/12/00
18) Kinski 2000 > appears on the Ochre 7 CD Programme (Ochre Records OCH030LCD). Limited to 500. Date Of release: 17/11/01. The CD Programme was made available for Ochre 7 Festival at Gloucester Guildhall on 17th November 2001. The track was from Bearos 7" also included on Stylus Ochre Archive CD Album 'Archif:01'
19) Archif:01 > CD Album. (Ochre Records OCH026LCD). Limited to 500. Date Of Release: Mail-Order Only 26/11/01. The compilation is Volume One in the Ochre Archive series and features previously released non-album Stylus material. Tracks: 01: Kinski 02: R3-643 03: Whitesides Peak 04: Paradise Ranch 05: The View From Tikaboo 06: Groom Lake 07: Freedom Ridge 08: R4-644 09: Lights Around Pylon X 10: Hopeless Diamond 11: Glass Dream One 12: As The World Crumbles 13: Grinding #8 14: Zero 15: Kinski 2000 16: Pwllcrochan 17: Pluen Eira 18: Pluen Eira (Live) 19: Kinski (Longstone Remix)
20) Mynydd Preseli > CD Album. (Mari/no Records m/i004). Limited to 400. Date Of Release: 01/02. Tracks: 01: A Mosaic of Hummocks 02: Foel Cwmcerwyn 03: Gors Fawr 04: Spotted Dolerite 05: Preselite 06: Twrch Treyth 07: Land Birds of the Bare Windswept Islands 08: Carn Menyn
21) Pedwar > CD Album. (Fourth Dimension Records. FDCD64). Pressing of 1000. Date Of Release: 05/02). Tracks: 01: Patagonia #1 02: The Cosmic Beekeeper 03: Muggy 04: Exposure 05: Innocent Transformations 06: Golden Glow 07: Stack Rock 08: Patagonia #2 09: Antenna 10: The Marbled White 11: Migration
22) Angle, The Cosmic Beekeeper and Migration > appear on the Ochre compilation album ?Themes:Volume One' (Ochre Records OCH:REEL001). 997 manufactured. August 2002. The compilation was aimed at the Film & TV Industry.