Shane Hines & the Trance are a buzzing aggressive soulful rock act. They thrive in the live scene with an intense and magnetic performance and can back it up with powerful recordings. Shane Hines - guitar and vox Brian Keating - bass and vox Full band and acoustic trio supported by: Leland Nakamura - drums Buddy Speir - guitar and vox With recent shows in LA, London, Nashville, and at home in Virginia, Shane Hines and the Trance continue to build an amazing story.
Shane Hines - guitar and vox
Brian Keating - bass and vox
Full band and acoustic trio supported by:
Leland Nakamura - drums
Buddy Speir - guitar and vox
With recent shows in LA, London, Nashville, and at home in Virginia, Shane Hines and the Trance continue to build an amazing story. TV viewers have embraced the music on MTV hit shows ?The Hills?, ?The Real World? and ?Road Rules Challenges? and now watch the band as the latest spokes people for Local Point TV. Making international news, the band just returned from Abbey Road Studios in London with XM Radio's UPOP channel. Radio support builds as the music is now heard on 94.7 The Globe, DC101 and XM's Upop channel. The industry shows its support with the recent endorsement from Gibson Guitars as well as an honorable mention win for Independent Music Award Album of the Year. The band took home the 2008 Washington Area Music Association Award for Best Rock Band along with nominations in 3 additional categories. At the Texas Songwriters Cruise, Shane took home awards for Best Pop Rock Song, Best Alternative Rock Song and Best Song across all genres establishing the music's reputation. And the story continues??
* On summer tour with Corey Smith
* Endorsed by Gibson Guitars and Orange Amps
* Styling supported by BUCKLE.
* Recording with Nashville producer, Chris Grainger (Dropping Daylight, Ludo) at end of July
* Started independent financing website, www.teamtrance.com and raised over $24,000 in just a few weeks.
* Highlighted in BMI's July 2008 international podcast
* Live at the Apple store - August, 2008. Teaming up with XM's Upop DJ's Ted Kelly and Joe Bonadonna for an in-store live broadcast event at Tysons Corner, VA Apple store. Live performance will be dually broadcast on XM and World Space radio, reaching 20 million listeners worldwide
* "Backstage", aired on The Comcast Network (CN8), will produce a musical segment on Shane Hines and the Trance to air in September. The show reaches 9 million homes stretching from Maine to Virginia. "Backstage" goes in-depth and looks at what happens when the cameras stop rolling and provides the real scoop about Hollywood, celebrities and the entertainment world.
*MTV's Soundtrack selected Shane Hines and the Trance to be included in their website launch.
* Recently in London's Abbey Road Studios for invite only recording sessions with XM radio. Broadcast worldwide.
* Regular play on 94.7 The Globe, the DC area rock station (only unsigned band in rotation)
* Several in studio appearances at 94.7 The Globe and DC101.
* New spokes people for Local Point TV. This is the HD channel for WJLA (ABC Affiliate). Currently airing. Previous spokes person was G. Love. Reaches 5 million homes.
* Winner of 2008 Wammie for Best Rock Band (DC area version of Grammy)
* Regular rotation on XM's Upop station. Current single is moving to heavy rotation based on listener requests.
* Multiple music placements on The Hills, Real World and Road Rules Challenges
* Appeared in Starfish Network's documentary about Donate Life Rocks, event in LA with Alex Band and Eve 6.
Sweet Soul Suicide - 2003
Zoe - 2005
Satellite Go Boom - 2007
The Glory Journal - to be released in late 2008