There are many artists who have used this name: 1) Argentinian stoner rock band. They released one free album in 2011 called Todo El Odio Del Unicornio, drawing influences from Kyuss to Los Natas to Ahkmed to Viaje a 800. This band plays pure no-nonsense Stoner Rock. Their debut album called Todo El Odio Del Unicornio is an awesome piece of work. It is clear that the music of Samurai is inspired by bands like Kyuss and Los Natas.
1) Argentinian stoner rock band. They released one free album in 2011 called Todo El Odio Del Unicornio, drawing influences from Kyuss to Los Natas to Ahkmed to Viaje a 800.
This band plays pure no-nonsense Stoner Rock. Their debut album called Todo El Odio Del Unicornio is an awesome piece of work.
It is clear that the music of Samurai is inspired by bands like Kyuss and Los Natas. A surprising name that also comes to mind is the band Ahkmed, especially the second track Cassablanca and the titletrack Todo El Odio Del Unicornio does remind me of this Australian band.
The sound of Samurai is characterized by stunning fuzz guitars and grooving rhythms. All of the songs on this album are really brilliants. The album Todo El Odio Del Unicornio is definitely a great start by Samurai. I really hope to hear more of this excellent band.
BAND'S WORDS: We've been playing since 2009 as three piece band (guitar - bass - drum). We love jamming so all songs come like this. In april 2011 we talk to Juan Manuel Diaz who is the guitar-singer of the band Humo del Cairo (Meteorcity). He accept to be our producer so we travel to Buenos Aires to start the first studio experience. We record all the tracks in two days. In june we get the final cd-version "Todo el Odio del Unicornio" with 9 songs all of them by SAMURAI, no covers. Now the complete cd version with the art cover is done.
2) NWOBHM band formed in 1980 in United Kingdom (Merthyr Tydfil, Wales).
Len Williams - Vocals
Craig Ridsdale - Guitar
Huw Lewis - Guitar
Neil Rogers - Bass
Michael Davis - Drums
Sacred Blade (1984)
Weapon Master (1986)
3) Samurai, a hardcore rave DJ from Alaska. He is apart of Knounterstrike productions. He is popular around the Orange Country/Los Angeles California area for his ability to get crowd hyped up on any night of a party.
4) Samurai (?) is an Japanese hard/prog/psych rock band which moved to Britain in the late 60's, and got a contract with Philips. They were also joined by several British members and released a couple of albums - "Samurai / Green Tea" in 1970 and "Kappa" in 1971.
5) British 70s progressive rock band. Formerly known as Web, then changed their name to samurai for their final album. Featured vocalist/keyboardist Dave Lawson, who would soon after join Greenslade.
6) Another NWOBHM band from UK which released only four tracks on Roksnax compilatio (1980).
7) Portuguese hard rock band that released a record under the same name in 1987.
8) Swiss Hip-hop musician. He started his carrer as underground artist with his crew oibel troibel including members: Rokator, Samurai, Stern eis. 2000 they released the album roirschachttescht. Today 2007 the crew is inactive since years.
9) Trance band with Dirk Adamiak, Hendrik Wilhelms and Stefan Müller. They released only a single : Tanzen (...Die Ganze Nacht)
10) Croatian rock band best known for their song "Ajmo Hrvatska" a song for the Croatian national football team.
11) Malaysian thrash metal band.