There are at least seven artists with this name, the most important being William Oliver Swofford, who rose to fame as "Oliver" singing "Good Mornin' Starshine" in the late 1960's. 1) Belgian Rock / Pop singer (Junior Eurovision) 2) Romanian rock band 3) William Oliver Swofford 4) Oliver Ching from Hong Kong 5) American band from the West Coast of the USA 6) Finnish rock band 7) Sydney, Australia rock band 8) Oliver (Vocaloid) 9) Oliver Dragojevi?, Croatian legend 10) An alternative teenager from Arizona
1) Belgian Rock / Pop singer (Junior Eurovision)
2) Romanian rock band
3) William Oliver Swofford
4) Oliver Ching from Hong Kong
5) American band from the West Coast of the USA
6) Finnish rock band
7) Sydney, Australia rock band
8) Oliver (Vocaloid)
9) Oliver Dragojevi?, Croatian legend
10) An alternative teenager from Arizona
11) Oliver Chaplin
1) The Belgian Singer is the representative of Belium in Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2008 with the song 'Shup Up'. He won Junior EuroSong 2008 in Belgium which gained him the ticket to Limassol in November 2008 to represent his nation in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest.
2)The Romanian rock band's story begins in 2005, when after four years marked by major member changes, the band 41 shed its skin to reveal what we know today as Oliver: four experienced musicians who are not afraid to experiment, mercilessly blending their uncensored ideas into music. Oliver oozes passion, energy, poetry and the band spares no efforts in making live shows a real treat. And if you're confused about their lyrics, this might mean you understand them.(Doru Puscasu - vocals, Mircea Moroianu - guitar, Horia Gridan - bass, Mihai Zorca - drums)
3) Born in North Wilkesboro, North Carolina, William Oliver Swofford began singing as an undergraduate at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in the early 1960s. He was a member of two music groups: The Virginians and, later, The Good Earth.
Oliver's clean-cut good looks and soaring baritone were the perfect vehicle for his July 1969 #3 single "Good Morning Starshine", from the pop-rock musical Hair. In October 1969 Oliver reached #2 with Rod McKuen's melodious ballad "Jean", the theme from the Oscar-winning film The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie. Oliver performed both hits on a number of TV variety shows and specials in the late 1960s, including the Ed Sullivan Show. Later recordings had much less commercial success: "Sunday Mornin'" peaked at #35 in December 1969, and "Angelica" stalled at #97 in April 1970. His follow-up "I Can Remember" from July 1970 missed the Hot 100.
Despite his vocal talents, Oliver could not sustain more hits and he later made a career in business. A short-lived attempt to team up with Karen Carpenter in the late 1970s was unsuccessful. In 1983, People magazine ran a feature article on Oliver, describing a happily married father who kept his distance from the music business. In the late 1990s Oliver was diagnosed with cancer, and he died in Shreveport, Louisiana, on the same date that Screamin' Jay Hawkins, Charles Schulz, and Tom Landry all died.
4) Born in Hong Kong. Formerly vocalist and guitarist from the band Little Beautiful Brand and becoming a solo singer-song-writer now. Released two solo records "Grace" and "Freddie and King" under 89268 in Hong Kong. working on his third album which will also be his first ever chinese album. Singles released on www.89268.com and www.oliverching.com for free download.
5) The American band was formed in 2000 by Eric Fischer, Stephan Hawkes, Ben Sprague, and Cory Van Name. They have three albums to their name: their self-titled EP, released in 2000; Quiet Life, released in 2002; and the 2-cd EP set Coming Back in Waves and Time Demands Pain, released in 2005. They are characterized by an upbeat, indie-rock sound.
6) Oliver is also a Finnish rock band.
Album: Kauempaa sen tajuaa (2009, OMB-Records Finland)
7) A Sydney indie rock band founded by Jason Slattery and David Orwell with at least 2 EPs recorded:
Mr Blue Sky (1994, Ra Records, 4509988962)
Everyone's A Fool
Build Your Own Highway
Black Mountain Songs (1995)
Box Of Birds
Mr Blue Sky
So You've Been Created
8) Oliver is an English Vocaloid developed by PowerFX and new VOCALOID company, VocaTone. He is also the first to be released on the VOCALOID 3 product software.