There are 3 bands using the name Florence: 1) Alias of Dutch techno artist Stefan Robbers 2) A Japanese trance band that does anime soundtracks, such as Genesis of Aquarion 3) Canadian post-hardcore band additionally, this may be an incorrect tag for Florence + the Machine 1) Dutch techno artist Stefan Robbers who also records using the name Florence. Stefan Robbers has earned considerable respect, both in the Netherlands and abroad, as one of the most versatile and productive musicians in the field of electronic dance music.
1) Alias of Dutch techno artist Stefan Robbers
2) A Japanese trance band that does anime soundtracks, such as Genesis of Aquarion
3) Canadian post-hardcore band
additionally, this may be an incorrect tag for Florence + the Machine
1) Dutch techno artist Stefan Robbers who also records using the name Florence. Stefan Robbers has earned considerable respect, both in the Netherlands and abroad, as one of the most versatile and productive musicians in the field of electronic dance music. His more melodic techno music was released under the aliases Terrace (Djax, Eevo Lute) and Florence.
Since 1992 he has operated Eevo Lute Muzique, a record company specializing in abstract and modern electronic music in its broadest form. The label has brought forth over 40 releases during recent years. After a refreshing pause in the period 1998 to 2001 the label resumed its activities last year, with renewed energy and lots of good music on the way! EevoNext is a fully digital web label emerging from the fundaments of Eevo Lute Muzique, one of the most influential techno labels from the Netherlands. Started in November 2006, it brings a bi-monthly release of a featured artist as a high quality download with emphasis on quality and playability. Available from the EEVONEXT.COM web store and established online stores like iTunes, Beatport and others.
Stefan's integrity and artistic qualities earned him a solid reputation in the techno community. Names like Armando (Chicago), Ron Trent (Chicago) Sven Vath (Frankfurt) and Speedy J (Rotterdam) asked him for remixes of their songs. Detroit's own boy wonder Carl Craig entrusted Eevo Lute with his most delicate techno tracks.
3) Florence is a Canadian post-hardcore band. Ever since they were friends, Mike (Guitar 1) and Guil (Guitar 2) always wanted to form a band together. With the same influences and a long history of guitar duet, they had already a strong musicianship. Together, they give Florence ?s brutal yet catchy melodies. Phil was chosen for his skills and creativity on drums in October 2003. For needs of a bassist, Phil suggested Hermann & his solid and original rhythmic, who happened to be his long time best friend and band mate for five years in a few other projects. By the end of November, Mike introduced his new friend Jay, the first singer.
In April 2004, after several shows, they began recording 2 songs, ?Wings of Tragedy? & Troubled Skies, to put on the internet and get more gigs. After more then 100 shows in a year all around the province of Quebec, Florence were ready to step into the studio to record their EP but some changes needed to be made in the line-up. In February 2005, Florence decided to move foward by changing their singer for Pat, a good friend of the band.
After an appearance on the first Taste of Chaos & after opening for bands such as Underoath, He Is Legend, 18 Visions, Senses Fail & more, Florence got to record their first EP: ?Great Life Matters?. It was released in July 2005 and got amazing critics so far. The band had their first video, ?She's On A Roll?, on air on Musique Plus (Quebec's MuchMusic) in winter of 2006.
In June 2006, the band had just finished recording a 3 song demo with their self-titled song ?FLORENCE?, when Gill Boldcock announced that he was in the obligation to leave the band to pursue another career. That's when florence needed to find a new guitarist that would do the job,that's when Johnny (ex-adore stella) came across their way