ERIS PLUVIA biography ERIS PLUVIA is Italian and they make classic symphonic rock with good you influence folk and pastorals. This band combines prog with an array of acoustic instruments such as, flute, soprano sax, acoustic guitar and violin and the result is prog with a very Baroque and folk sound. The music is supposedly quite strongly reminiscent of CAMEL and ROUSSEAU, which would put it squarely in the melodic, symphonic, progressive rock camp. The vocals are in English.
"Rings of Earthly Light" is quite simply one of the best Italian symphonic rock albums of the 90s. This release features very melodic prog that has a very orchestrated composition style. This is not full symphonic writing but it has orchestral influences. All the fans of CAMEL or those that have enjoyed with the new disks of HOSTSONATEN and QUIDAM can already go running to for him. ERIS PLUVIA later became the ANCIENT VEIL.
1990 - Pushing Together
1991 - Rings of Earthly Light
- Alessandro Serri / voice, electric and acoustic guitars, and flute
- Paolo Raciti / piano and keyboards
- Edmondo Romano / recorder flute, saxophone, and backing vocals
- Marco Forella / bass and acoustic guitar
- Martino Murtas / drums and percussion
- Valeria Caucino / vocals
- Enrico Paparella / acoustic guitar
- Alessandro Cavatorti / acoustic guitar
- Sabrina Quarelli / violin