There are 11 (at LEAST) artists called DUKE : 1) A punk band from Austin, TX (www.myspace.com/duke) 2) A NY duo, Johnny & Nathan, who make catchy electrodance music. They released one cd in 2006 In bed w/Her. http://www.duke-music.com/ http://www.myspace.com/dukemusic 3) real name Mark Carson Adams is a singer songwriter & multi-instumentalist who was born in Newcastle-upon-Tyne which is in the North East of England. He may be best known for his 1995 dance hit single "So in love with you".
1) A punk band from Austin, TX (www.myspace.com/duke)
2) A NY duo, Johnny & Nathan, who make catchy electrodance music. They released one cd in 2006 In bed w/Her.
3) real name Mark Carson Adams is a singer songwriter & multi-instumentalist who was born in Newcastle-upon-Tyne which is in the North East of England. He may be best known for his 1995 dance hit single "So in love with you".
4) Korean band
5) Japanese Rock Band (????)
6) Japanese Visual Kei band from the 90s (????)
7) Italian prog rock band, with former members of Mellonta Tauta
8) Are a three piece live vocals, beat-boxing, vocal percussion/basslines, harmonies and guitar group from England
9) Duke or The Mighty Duke, a long life in calypso
One of Calypso's greatest icons Kelvin ?Mighty Duke' Pope passed away earlier today. Mighty Duke, who was diagnosed with myelofibrosis ? a serious bone marrow disorder that disrupts the body's normal production of blood cells ? has succumbed to this illness ending a battle of over four years. His wife, one of his sons and Hollis ?Chalkdust' Liverpool were at his side when he passed.
Born in 1930 in Point Fortin, South Trinidad, ?Duke' over the years became renowned not only for delivering social commentary; political and witty, humorous songs with equal skill, dignity and lyrical mastery but also for his stately stage presence and for being one of the best-dressed Calypsonians.
The Duke, as he was lovingly called, is the only Calypsonian in Trinidad and Tobago's history to have won the Calypso Monarch title four consecutive times: 1968 with ?What is Calypso? and ?Social Bacchanal?, 1969 with ?Black is Beautiful? and ?One Foot Visina?, 1970 with ?Brotherhood of Man? and ?See Through? and 1971 with ?Mathematical Formula? and ?Melvie and Yvonne?. He also won the Road March Title with ?Thunder? in 1987. As a Calypsonian, Duke was a master lyricist who was not only interested in local issues, but over a career which lasted more than 50 years demonstrated the importance of a global awareness. With such songs as ?How Many More Must Die? and ?Apartheid? he was a vocal critic of colonialism and apartheid in Africa. In 1970, Mighty Duke was honored with the Humming Bird gold medal for his musical accomplishments.
10) Duke is a German power metal band. The lineup features Anja Assmuth, sister of Angel Dust drummer Dirk Assmuth, on drums and Tobias 'Tobi' Kersting of Orden Ogan on guitar. The other two members are Marc Reinhold on bass and Leszek 'Naked Duke' Szpigel is the singer.
The group released the first - and so far only - album 'Escape From Reality' in 2003 via Massacre Records. The album was mastered by Roland Grapow and recorded in studio Mohrmann, known for Grave Digger, amongst others. The album was well-received by many critics and fans.
11) Duke or 'Dukestrikesback' is an internet voice actor. Often reading odd fan-fiction or horrible Engrish translations or making up his own Father and Son dialogues. He initially started with Vocaroo threads on a famous imageboard, but now uploads to the website "Audioboo.fm" under the name Duke.
12) Rich Ward member of Stuck Mojo and Fozzy goes by the name of the duke for his solo material